GHC-6.4.1 on FreeBSD-amd64 port progress

Wilhelm B. Kloke wb at arb-phys.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Oct 24 14:04:11 EDT 2005

Wilhelm B. Kloke <wb at arb-phys.uni-dortmund.de> schrieb:
> Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com> schrieb:
>>
>> Are you building GHC in a fresh tree now?  I'd recommend doing that.
>
> Now I am using a *really* fresh tree. Formerly the compilation of
> Apply.cmm did not render an instructive error message, just
> failed for some sort of memory access exception. Now I have:

I have enabled freebsd in the mangler now. After installing with
make install stage=1
the compiler compiles an .o and .hi file, but it does not find the libraries
to link with for test.hs.

A similar things happens when trying to compile stage2. All the objects
seem to have been compiled, but linking the executable fails with
a really long list of undefined references. I tried adding libHSBase and
cbits of HSBase with no full success.
--
Dipl.-Math. Wilhelm Bernhard Kloke
Institut fuer Arbeitsphysiologie an der Universitaet Dortmund