Associated types in 6.6?

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 28 04:15:00 EST 2005

| I see that associated types is already in CVS:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cvs.all/19423/match=ass
ociated

| Will it be in 6.6?

I hope so but I am not sure.  The trick lies in coming up with a
suitable typed intermediate representation for the program -- System F
isn't enough.  Manuel Chakravarty and Martin Sulzmann and I have been
working on an idea, but it's not yet clear whether we'll have it worked
out and implemented at the same time as 6.6.

As ever, we tend to work harder on things that folk appear to want; so
anyone who is keen on associated types, do sing out and describe your
application a bit.