adding to GHC/win32 Handle operations support of Unicodefilenamesand files larger than 4 GB

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Sat Nov 26 03:07:16 EST 2005

Am Freitag, 25. November 2005 14:38 schrieb Simon Marlow:
>[...] If you want to make it clearer, then add new CPP symbols
>
>   WIN32_UNICODE_FILENAMES
>   WIN32_64BIT_OFFSETS
>
> these can be set based on mingw32_HOST_OS for now, but it leaves the
> possibility of using autoconf later. [...]

Perfect solution for a lazy programmer... ;-) More seriously: Perhaps I was a
bit unclear, I don't propose to use an autoconf test for each and every tiny
detail. Using feature-based #ifdefs and #defining them manually in a single
well-known place based on the platform is often enough. Avoiding the annoying
"What the hell does this #ifdef really test??"-questions is the point here...

Cheers,
   S.