Broken build

Dinko Tenev dinko.tenev at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 09:07:11 EST 2005

I updated from HEAD recently, and got some strange error messages
while building the stuff under libraries/X11:

../../ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace -H32m -O0 -W -fno-warn-unused-matches
-fwarn-unused-imports -cpp -fffi -Iinclude -I/usr/X11R6/include
-ignore-package X11 -O -dcore-lint -W -fno-warn-unused-matches
-fwarn-unused-imports -keep-hc-files  -package base -fgenerics    -c
Graphics/X11/Xlib/Font.hs -o Graphics/X11/Xlib/Font.o  -ohi
Graphics/X11/Xlib/Font.hi

Font.hsc:70:0:
    Unacceptable argument type in foreign declaration: Display
    When checking declaration:
	foreign import ccall unsafe "static HsXlib.h &XQueryFont" queryFont :: Display
									       -> Font
										  -> IO FontStruct

...as well as several others for the same file, along the same lines.

I am none the wiser by the messages, but the comment for
ghc/compiler/prelude/TysWiredIn.lhs#rev1.75 seems to be related.  Is
this a regression?

BTW, could someone give me a clue what the point is with a type like
the one mentioned?

Regards,
Dinko