[Haskell-cafe] GHC ignores RTS options

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:24:27 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 01:09:07PM -0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> > BTW - it would be nice if it was easier to override the default RTS
> > options when compiling the program. Perhaps a nice task for a newbie
> > GHC developer?
>
> Already possible, see:
>
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/runtime-control.
> html#rts-hooks

I was aware of this, and I should write about it.

> Admittedly it's a bit more fiddly than a command-line flag to GHC,
> though.

And because of this I wrote that it would be nice if it was easier :-)
I've bitten several times by the default values of RTS options,
especially the stack size limit (-K). But it was always easier to
set GHCRTS or use +RTS -RTS, so I never used the rts-hooks.

Do you think I could do this? I am not sure how difficult it would be.

Best regards
Tomasz