class aliases

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 11 11:52:12 EST 2005

John

| If I were to implement my class alias proposal for ghc in an
acceptably
| clean way, would it be accepted? There appeared to be enough interest
| support at least experimentation with it and I would have no issues
with
| it being dropped in the future if it turned out to not be useful.

Yes, definitely; that would be great.

I would like to interact with you as you did it, rather than be
presented with a completed result, because I'm sure I'll have lots of
ideas about what a clean implementation would look like.  I'd also like
to take another look at the design (which you may have refined a bit
since your initial message).

So let me know when you feel like taking up the cudgels and we can
discuss it in a bit more detail.