-ferror-spans and ghci

Ian Zimmerman nobrowser at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 22:52:14 EST 2005

>> SimpleHaskell.hs:3:0: parse error (possibly incorrect indentation)

Ian> It is in ghci where this option would be most useful, imho.  Is it
Ian> implemented?

Simon> Yes, it is implemented.  Perhaps there was no reasonable span
Simon> that GHC could determine for that particular error - can you show
Simon> us the source file?  Does 'ghc -ferror-spans' give a more
Simon> detailed error?

You're right, ghc spits out the same thing.  That means I have to deal
with 3 possible formats of the locator :(

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.