Can't compile GHC

Andrew Cheadle amc4 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon May 9 10:57:39 EDT 2005

Well Robert Dockins gave you an excellent explanation.

You're just unlucky at the moment with 6.4. 6.2.2 is excellent -
for various reasons I've had to stick with it for completion of some
of my research.

>Having the compiler able to compile itself, yes. Making that the only
>way to compile it, that's another thing.

The .hc files exist for this reason. However for a popular platforms
this isn't usually a problem, someone does the port quite quickly.
You're just particularly unlucky with 6.4 since there has been
substantial reworking of the internals.

Andy