ghc-6.4 on sparc/solaris

Ulf Norell ulfn at cs.chalmers.se
Wed Mar 30 06:22:58 EST 2005

Johannes Waldmann wrote:

> Simon Marlow wrote:
>
>> There are some outstanding issues on Sparc/Solaris ...
>
> Warning: retaining unknown function `getpwuid_r' in output from C
> compiler
> Warning: retaining unknown function `getpwnam_r' in output from C
> compiler
> Warning: retaining unknown function `getgrgid_r' in output from C
> compiler
> Warning: retaining unknown function `getgrnam_r' in output from C
> compiler

I get the same warnings. I also get a bus error when I try to use
QuickCheck.
It works fine in ghci or if I copy the QuickCheck module and compile it with
the program, but if I use the library one I get the bus error. I haven't
checked
if it's only the QuickCheck package that's broken.

 > *** Exception: waitForProcess: interrupted (Interrupted system call)

This I haven't seen, though.

gcc-2.95.3
SunOS 5.9 Generic_117171-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R

/ Ulf