6.4 vs 6.2.2 can't compile darcs-1.0.2

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri Mar 18 17:06:21 EST 2005

av:
> Hello!
>
> Today I've tried to compile darcs-1.0.2 and for that I've installed the
> ghc-6.4-i386-unknown-linux.tar.bz2 (in-place) When I tried to compile,
> configure script from darcs complained that it couldn't figure out how
> to do OpenFd (or someting similar). Then I've installed

Sounds  like the configure script for darcs needs to be updated to
handle the 6.4 libraries (not surprising). Otherwise darcs should work
fine with 6.4, though some of the libraries may have changed and require
cpp trickery.

You should take this up on the darcs list, though they're probably
already trying out 6.4 I'd think.

> ghc-6.2.2-i386-unknown-linux.tar.bz2 (also in-place). Now compilation
> was sucessfull.
>
> Are these 2 versions not compatible?

They're "not compatible" in that the library APIs have changed in some
cases, and newer libraries have come into place.

-- Don