Parse error

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Fri Mar 18 06:04:38 EST 2005

On 17 March 2005 19:43, Dmitri Pissarenko wrote:

> In the attachment you will find a file, in which I try to access Java
> from Haskell using the Java bridge for functional languages.
>
> For details see
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/jvm-bridge/
>
> and

http://dapissarenko.com/resources/2005_02_17_eigenvaluesJava/2005_02_17_
eigenva
> luesJava.pdf
>
> When I try to compile the attached file using
>
> ghc +RTS -c -RTS -package javavm  -c EigenvalueCalculatorHaskell.hs -o
> EigenvalueCalculatorHaskell.o
>
> I get the error
>
> EigenvalueCalculatorHaskell.hs:28: parse error on input `putStrLn'

Your code is using a mixture of explicit and implicit layout: your
do-expressions have curly braces {...} and semicolons, but the
let-expression on line 22 does not.  I suggest adding the layout tokens
to the let-expression to fix it.