ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.4

Simon Marlow simonmar at
Mon Mar 14 07:09:55 EST 2005

On 14 March 2005 10:45, Ashley Yakeley wrote:

> 1. "ghc -M" complains about multiply-defined "Main" modules.
> entered as
> d=8032&atid=108032>

We'll look into this.  A first approximation answer is "you can't do
that" with the 6.4 implementation of -M.  Sorry.

> 4. It looks like Data.FiniteMap has been renamed Data.Map, or
> something.
> There's no Data.Map at <>, do
> these need to be updated?

The right place for library documentation is

I should probably make the version you're looking at into a link to
avoid confusion.

> 5. Apparently a bunch of stuff is in different pacakges, such as mtl.
> Is
> there documentation about what's in what package? Perhaps Haddock
> should
> show packages or something? I'm not yet familiar enough with Cabal to
> know what the best way of doing this is.

The contents page for the libraries lists the package name for each
module.  It's not ideal - it would be nice to be able to filter the
contents page by package, but I haven't got around to implementing that.