ghci - relocation error : libreadline

alexandre ac007 at
Wed Jun 29 09:34:44 EDT 2005

Simon Marlow wrote:
 >On 28 June 2005 16:09, alexandre wrote:
 >>GHC Interactive, version 6.4, for Haskell 98.
 >>/usr/lib/ghc-6.4/ghc-6.4: relocation error: /usr/lib/
 >>symbol __sprintf_chk, version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
 >> with link time reference
 >>Could someone help me solve this problem ? For the GHC RPM
 >>installation, i had to install readline 5 first, so i now have two
 >>version of readline on my system : 4.3 and 5 (... and a lot of
 >>application depending on 4.3).
 >Did that error message result from a plain 'ghci' command, or were there
 >any other options?

Hello Simon. This error results from an plain "ghci" command.

 >My guess is that is depending on a later (or earlier?)
 >version of libc than the one you have.

Ok. Then i would need 2 versions of readline and 2 versions of libc on my
system... i'm afraid it's too complex for me to achieve this.

So i will uninstall readline 5, read the bootstrapping section of the
"building from source" document and try to compile GHC myself.

Thanks for your help,