ANNOUNCE: GHC survey results

Jim Apple japple at
Tue Jun 28 15:05:39 EDT 2005

robert dockins wrote:

>> Why remove a feature from a product? Why not, instead, just choose to
>> not use it?
> Because the feature complicates the product, increases maintainance
> costs, and keeps the maintainers from working on other things people
> care more about?

That's fair. I just hope the implicit parameter implementation is
orthogonal enough that it's worth keeping around.

I think the motivating examples in "Implicit parameters: dynamic scoping
with static types" ( are
at least as compelling as those in the just-implemented
"Associated types with class",
(, but
maybe it's just me.