source subdirectory in package

Serge D. Mechveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Tue Jun 14 04:52:30 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 02:52:09PM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:

> >> The Cabal in GHC 6.4 supports source files in a single directory only
> >> (although you can use hierarchical module names).  To put your source
> >> files in a subdirectory, add the field
> >>
> >>   hs-source-dir: subdir
> >>
> >> to your .cabal file.
> >>
> >> The current version of Cabal allows multiple source directories, so
> >> you can say
> >>
> >>   hs-source-dirs: "." subdir
> >
> > My DoCon application have multiple source directories.
> > I understand you so that ghc-6.4 cannot support this, but the current
> > ghc-CVS supports, and  ghc-6.4.1  will support.
> > Right?
>
> No, GHC 6.4.1 will not support it (we don't make interface changes
> between patchlevels).

All right.
ghc-6.4 has been tested with Dumatel.
And ghc-6.4 was announced as very new. So, I think, 6.4 branch needs
testing with DoCon (which has much more functionality).

Meanwhile, I shall try to port DoCon and Dumatel applications to
ghc-CVS-current.
Then, I shall wait for the first official version
("ghc-after-6.4-adequate") which would treats the above features
as needed, and do the above two releases for this version.

Serge Mechveliani
mechvel at botik.ru