using the Intel compiler (icc)

Simon Marlow simonmar at
Sun Jun 5 17:42:07 EDT 2005

There's a command line switch to change the C compiler: -pgmc icc.  But
I doubt whether you could use icc as the back-end for GHC without quite
a lot of work, because the mangler is quite picky.

Linking object files created by icc into a ghc-compiled program should
work fine, though.

Automatic vectorisation of loops won't help GHC (the code we generate
doesn't have any loops).