turning off garbage collection

Bernard Pope bjpop at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jul 27 00:47:57 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm fairly sure this has been asked before (and recently too), but I
can't seem to find it in the archives. Sorry for the repetition.

Is there a way I can turn garbage collection off in GHC? I'm happy to
hack the runtime and comment out code if that is the only way. I just
don't know which code.

I want to see what effect GC is having on programs that run under
buddha. I suspect it is costing me a lot in time traversing large
amounts of data that the debugger is hanging on to.

Cheers,
Bernie.