ghc-pkg query feature request

Lennart Kolmodin kolmodin at dtek.chalmers.se
Tue Jul 26 04:23:10 EDT 2005

Hi!

When working with multiple versions of a package you often want to use
   the most recent version.
A feature that would help for package systems is to be able to query
ghc-pkg for the best version, or to list the versions in increasing
version order.

Something like:

$ ghc-pkg best_version Cabal
Cabal-1.1.1

$ ghc-pkg versions Cabal
Cabal-1.0 Cabal-1.1.1

You get the picture. Obviously, this feature isn't critical since we
could use 'ghc-pkg list' and work our way from there, but it would be nice.
If you like the idea we might send you a patch.
What do you think?

Cheers,
   Lennart Kolmodin

--
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
         -- Albert Einstein