Lambda Lifting and Haskell

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 25 03:54:25 EDT 2005

You're not asking a question about Haskell, but about Haskell
implementations, and they may make different choices.

GHC, for example, does not do lambda lifting.  See
http://research.microsoft.com/copyright/accept.asp?path=/users/simonpj/p
apers/spineless-tagless-gmachine.ps.gz&pub=34
for a summary of what it does do.

Other implementations might do lambda lifting.  I'm not sure.

Simon