GHC API: Access to nativeCodeGen?

Peter A Jonsson pj at ludd.ltu.se
Mon Jul 4 02:49:34 EDT 2005

Hello,

I would like to use nativeCodeGen outside of GHC to generate code from
an IR. The IR would be produced by a third party program, not the GHC
frontend.

Looking at CVS HEAD I can see that GHC.hs exports plenty of things
(for the GHC API I presume), but I can't find anything that lets me
input some sort of IR and have ASM in return. Am I missing it
somewhere or is there no way to input IR and get ASM in return? If
there isn't, is such a feature planned/wanted?

If such a feature isn't planned, I would appreciate any ideas on how
to to accomplish the same thing. I have no problems with having a
build tree of GHC laying around if that makes things easier. It would
be a nice bonus if it made my maintenance burden low.

/ Peter