Problem with DB and Char size (2)

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Fri Jan 28 03:53:24 EST 2005

<promotional-plug>
Actually... there is a "native" Oracle driver, or rather, one that uses the
OCI. It's usable, but certainly not complete.
  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/haskell-libs/libs/takusen/src/

However, I've only tested it with bog-standard ASCII Cstrings (my NLS_LANG
setting specifies WE8ISO8859P1), so I've no idea how well it works with
Unicode.
</promotional-plug>

Have you tried fiddling with your NLS_LANG environment variable? This
determines the charset your data is converted to when sent from the DBMS to
the client. You can set it either in a .bat script (just for that session),
or modify the registry setting in:
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oracle\HOME0

What's it currently set to?

Alistair.

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this   message, and any
attachments, may contain confidential   and/or privileged material. It is
intended solely for the   person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Any
review,   retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other   than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received  this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the   material from any computer.