RFC: hyperlinks in Haddock docs

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 25 06:02:04 EST 2005

On 24 February 2005 20:11, Sven Panne wrote:

> Simon Marlow wrote:
>> On 22 February 2005 19:37, Duncan Coutts wrote:
>>> Excellent! Thanks a lot.
>>> Any hint as to when the next Haddock release will be?
>> Maybe when I've got this GHC release out of the way and my hair has
>> grown back :-S
>
> Before we do a release, I think two issues should be solved IMHO:
>
>     * The table/CSS chaos on the contents page has to be cleaned up,
>       the package ids on the right look like being layout by somebody
> drunk... %-)

They don't look too bad to me... a bit far to the right, perhaps, but
not too bad.  Perhaps some lines in that table would help, or
alternating grey/white background for the rows?

>     * The state of the +/- buttons should be remembered when using
>       backward/forward in a browser (cookies + ECMA script?).

If anyone knows how to do this, then please go ahead.  I don't think
it's urgent for the release though - by default the collapsible sections
are now expanded, and anyway the right way to use the contents page is
to middle-click on the module name in Firefox ;-)