ghc-cvs-snapshot with wxHaskell

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 18 06:00:21 EST 2005

On 17 February 2005 20:24, Georg Martius wrote:

> 2. Stub files (@Simon)
> The problem I ran into was that the FILE_stub.o files are not placed
> at the correct(?) directory according to the position of FILE in the
> hierarchical library.
> Example:
> ghc -c wxcore/src/Graphics/UI/WXCore/Events.hs -o
> out/wxcore/imports/Graphics/UI/WXCore/Events.o  -fvia-C -package-name
> wxcore -iwxcore/src -odir out/wxcore/imports -hidir
> out/wxcore/imports -iout/wxcore/imports -Iwxc/include
>
> produces
>   out/wxcore/imports/Events_stub.o
> instead of
>   out/wxcore/imports/Graphics/UI/WXCore/Events_stub.o
> I don't know if it is the expected behaviour?

I just looked at the code, this is a can of worms.  I don't think I can
fix it this close to the release without breaking anything else, so if
you can manage with this behaviour then I'll leave it as is.

Later, we can try to determine what the right behaviour should be with
respect to stub files and the interactions with --make, hierarchical
modules and -odir.  Right now it's making my head hurt a bit.