ghc-cvs-snapshot with wxHaskell

Georg Martius mai99dgf at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Feb 17 12:19:42 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:36:48 -0000, Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com> wrote:

> On 17 February 2005 14:54, Daan Leijen wrote:
>
>>> A more general question: We doesn't -ohi dir/filename.hi is not
>>> reflected in the dependencies.
>>> I tried:

>>> but nothing changed.
>>
>> Simon??
>
> This is because ghc -M works like --make, in that it traverses the
> module dependency graph.  When multiple modules are being considered,
> the -ohi flag doesn't make much sense (which module does it apply to?).
>

> The right way is to use -hidir/-hisuf, which are honoured by -M and
> --make.

Okay that sounds reasonable. I was looking for an -odir equivalent for hi files anyway. (It was not that hard :-)). The problem with hierarchical libs remains.
Example:
./out
./out/Foo
./src
./src/Foo
./src/Foo/Bar.hs
>   module Foo.Bar where
>   import Foo.Bla
./src/Foo/Bla.hs
>   module Foo.Bla

> ghc -M -odir out/Foo/ -hidir out/Foo/ src/Foo/Bar.hs -isrc
# DO NOT DELETE: Beginning of Haskell dependencies
out/Foo//Foo/Bla.o : src/Foo/Bla.hs
out/Foo//Foo/Bar.o : src/Foo/Bar.hs
out/Foo//Foo/Bar.o : out/Foo//Foo/Bla.hi
# DO NOT DELETE: End of Haskell dependencies

@Daan: why don't you use --make anyway? It would make obsolete so many problems IMO.

Cheers,
  Georg

--