GHC 6.4 release candidates available

John Meacham john at
Thu Feb 10 21:19:03 EST 2005

There seems to have been a change in how packages are found which is
biting me.

I have a module called PackedString, which used to be fine, as ghc's
packedstring was called Data.PackedString. however with ghc 6.4 I am
getting the error:

    Failed to load interface for `PackedString':
        Could not find module `PackedString':
          it is a member of package lang-1.0, which is hidden

If not using -package foo doesn't allow you to reuse the names in foo
then I must wonder what the point is of hiding the package in the first
place :)

John Meacham - ⑆⑆john⑈