RFC: hyperlinks in Haddock docs

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Tue Feb 1 10:51:54 EST 2005

"Simon Marlow" <simonmar at microsoft.com> writes:

> Hmm, I'm not sure that would be practical.  Lots of entities are
> exported from more than one place, especially Prelude entities.  You'd
> have a table on almost every single page listing Bool, Maybe, Int, etc.

But surely in many cases, it would be possible to determine which
link is relevant, and go directy?  I was under the impression that
there were some difficult cases (you mentioned type classes) that
tended to mess things up -- I would of course only advocate the
indirect approach if it's difficult to do it directly.

-kzm