darcs switchover

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Dec 27 21:35:16 EST 2005

On 2005-12-23, Malcolm Wallace <Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is there more to this job than just running either cvs2darcs or tailor,
> then waiting a few days (:-) for it to finish?

There is quite some time involved in bootstrapping things, especially
when branches are concerned.  About 30-60 minutes without branches, or
2 hours with branches, per new (darcs) repo.

As a fan of laziness, I prefer not to do this any more than absolutely
necessary. ;-)

There is also an incremental cost; for instance, when (if?) the
libraries branch for GHC 6.6, there will have to be new branches of each
individual component now.  (Though once it is in darcs, this is a
15-second thing)

-- John