darcs switchover

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Dec 20 19:06:26 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 10:56:14AM +1100, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> john:
> > can't we just make 'darcs send' send the patches to a public list so
> > people can see them that way as they are sent in.
>
> I think the problem would be that we still want multiple developers to
> darcs push over ssh, don't we? Rather than darcs sending patches to a
> list, for a mainatiner to pick up.

the way darcs itself works is that everyone uses darcs send, even david
and his script picks up patches signed by him and automatically applies
them. In any case, having darcs send go to a public list is really nice.

another possibility if you don't want to mess with gpg is that everyone
darcs send's and then the patches are 'pushed' by a main developer off
the list (which sometimes might be their own patches). I have attached a
handy little script I have bound to 'A'pply in mutt which facilitates this.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈