Bootstrapping with HC files

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 12 17:58:30 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 09:47 +1100, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> Most distros are using binary bootstrapping. I think OpenBSD is the only
> one building from .hc src.

That's because none of the rest of us had heard that it'd been fixed!

I'm glad to hear it, we might switch. Gentoo users ought to be used to
how long it takes to build packages from source but they still complain
to us about how long it takes for ghc to build. (Partly that's down to
the fact that building all the bundled libs takes a while)

Duncan