Project options for GHC

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:39:49 EST 2005

Hello,
I have been using the .ghci file with GHCi to set global options for
my project and I find it very useful.  The kind of options I put there
are: where to put .hi/.o files, what warnings to produce, where to
look for code. etc.  It works great.  I was thinking that it would be
very convenient to have the same ability when using 'ghc --make',
because at the moment I have a number of the same options duplicated
in my Makefile.  Also, often I find myslef wanting to compile just one
file (and all of its dependents), because GHCi tends to be a bit slow
at compiling things, but is quite fast at loading object code.  I can
do this using 'ghc --make', but I also need to specify all the
additional project options.  I realize that I can achieve what I want
with a little shell script, but a ghc-supported configuration file
would be more portable and simpler to use.
-Iavor