Optimizations for mutable structures?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Dec 7 18:28:32 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 08:30:36AM -0500, Jan-Willem Maessen wrote:
> What say others?  Is there a need yet?  (I don't honestly know the
> answer!)

Although I don't think impertive optimizations at this high of a level
will benefit much for how much they cost, after the code has been
processed and is in cmm form or about to be I think there is a lot of
room for improvement. even a few basic optimizations there can help.
ideally we would rely on gcc, but it seems to fall down on a lot of code
that ghc generates.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈