New bug tracker: Trac

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 6 11:42:39 EST 2005

Hi Folks,

We've been meaning to switch bug trackers for some time, and yesterday I
finally got annoyed enough with SourceForge to do something about it.
I've imported all our SourceForge tracker data into a new Trac
installation:

  http://cvs.haskell.org/trac/ghc

Not only do we get a faster and more flexible bug tracker, but we also
get online browsing of the darcs repository (well, for some reason it
isn't working right now, but I hope to get it fixed).  Also the Trac
wiki will be a good place to put the User Guide annotations that we've
been talking about.

The bug tracker is set up to mail glasgow-haskell-bugs at haskell.org with
any and all ticket modifications at the moment; if you're on that list,
there will probably be an increased volume of mail as we'll be making
more use of the bug tracker than before.  My feeling is that we don't
need to create a new mailing list for this, but by all means speak up if
you disagree.

The wiki is currently closed because I don't want to have to deal with
spam.  Use HaWiki for now.

Developers with an account on cvs.haskell.org: please add yourselves as
users on the Trac, so I can give out permissions to edit tickets.  You
create a user like this:

  - log in to cvs.haskell.org
  - htpasswd /srv/trac/ghc/trac.htpasswd <username>
  - type your password when prompted
  - let me know when you've done this