GHCI and archive libraries.

Keean Schupke k.schupke at
Sun Dec 4 09:28:03 EST 2005

Thaks guys... I realise it is a simple matter of unpacking the object
files, however when using ghci for prototyping, it can be more
convenient to have all the '.o's packed into a '.a'. As it is a simple
matter to extract the .o files from the .a, I would have thought a
fairly small change to the ghci code would have enabled using archive
libraries. I think this change would aid usability. I don't know the
ghci code at all, so it would take me a long time to make this change,
as I would first have to understand the existing code. I was wondering
if anyone familier with the ghci code could add archive library support?
I suppose as a work around I could write a wrapper for ghci that
extracts the .o files from the .a to a temp directory, and then calls
ghci with the .o files on the command line.