6.4.1 release candidate testing

Luke Maurer maurerl at carleton.edu
Wed Aug 3 13:04:01 EDT 2005

>>I just tweaked the 2nd line to:
>>
>>use ppc64 && echo "GhcWithInterpreter=NO" >> mk/build.mk
>>
>>so I can get 'ghci' built.
>
> I think you can do away with the first line too, I've just done a successful
> build with split objects on gentoo/amd64.

I can confirm that GHC 6.4.1.20050801 works on my Gentoo AMD64 box under
GCC 4.0.1, with the stock 6.4 ebuild modified only for the version bump
and to build with split objects and ghci, as above.

Thanks for the good work! :-) I've been looking forward eagerly to
native AMD64 support; sure, I've got a 32-bit chroot, but it's just not
the same :-D

Luke Maurer
maurerl at carleton.edu