How to write an interpreter?

Bernard James POPE bjpop at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Apr 19 23:02:57 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 04:28:50PM +0200, Santoemma Enrico wrote:
> Hello,
>
> may somebody give the directions to write an interpreter in Haskell?
> Is the parsec package enough, or I'll also need to write a 'grammar' and feed some tool with it?
> I want to put the language's source into xml and parse the file at runtime, so an embedded language isn't the right choice, I guess.
>
> Thanks,
> Enrico

Hi Enrico,

I think the haskell-cafe mailing list might be a better location
for this question.

Nonetheless, you can see an example interpreter for a small functional
language that I have written called "baskell":

   http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~bjpop/code.html

Note that it is only a toy, but it might get you started.

Cheers,
Bernie.