linker errors

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 14 04:59:26 EDT 2004

On 13 September 2004 17:44, Frank-Andre Riess wrote:

> this is my first post on this list. I'm quite new to using Haskell
> (started in July), so my question might be somewhat trivial, but I
> still hope you can help me out.
>
> At the moment our project - a parser for a type language - consists
> of the following modules:
> Lexer
> IntermediateSyntax
> Parser (from a Happy source file) - uses Lexer and IntermediateSyntax
> Main - uses Parser
>
> When compiling using ghc, I get the following error:
>
> Parser.o(.text+0x10fc5): In function `r1fgN_entry':
>> undefined reference to `DataziTuple_Z77T_con_info'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I neither know the function `r1fgN_entry' nor
> `DataziTuple_Z77T_con_info'. So what is it?

The compiler has generated intermediate code which uses a 77-tuple, but
unfortunately the libraries don't contain code for 77-tuples (we only go
up to 62-tuples).

This is kind of a known bug, occasionally tickled by Happy-generated
parsers.

If you're not generating your parser with 'happy -agc', then that should
help.