runInteractiveProcess is broken

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 30 08:30:56 EDT 2004

Simon Marlow writes:

 >> test1 :: IO ()
 >> test1 = do
 >>   (_,_,_, pid) <- runInteractiveProcess "/usr/bin/sleep"
 >>         ["3"] Nothing Nothing
 >>   sleep 1
 >>   rc <- waitForProcess pid
 >>   print rc

 > I can't repeat this, it works here:
 > *Main> test1
 > ExitSuccess
 > *Main> test2
 > Just ExitSuccess

 > Maybe run it through strace and send us the output?

I cannot reproduce the error myself anymore! I have no idea
what has changed; suddenly 'test1' and 'test2' both work
reliably -- whether I catch sigCHLD or not. It used to work
only when I did catch the signal. This is really bizarre.

The moment I see some strange behavior from these functions
again, I'll strace it right away and will come back to the
topic. Let's hope it never happens.

Thanks for the support everybody!

Peter