Are handles closed automatically when they fall out of scope?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Oct 25 09:15:52 EDT 2004

Simon Marlow writes:

 > BTW, I assume you have a good reason for wanting to call
 > terminateProcess

Yes, I have to abort the process in case of an exception in
my code. Just giving it EOF is not enough, unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer, Simon. I really
appreciate it.

Peter

P. S.: It might be worth adding a few sentences to the
description of 'Handle' which explain these problems. I'm
certain other users of the language will run into the same
questions.