ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.2.2

Gregory Wright gwright at
Fri Oct 15 18:44:10 EDT 2004

For Mac OS X users, the Darwinports build of GHC has been updated
to the new version (6.2.2). It supports both Jaguar (10.2.x) and
Panther (10.3.y). Apple's gcc-3.1 is required, which is not installed
by default with the latest Xcode 1.5. (Use the "custom installation"
option of the Xcode installer to install gcc-3.1.) This restriction will
be lifted in the future.

The build is from source, using a binary bootstrap compiler (6.0.1).
It takes about five hours on an 800 MHz G4 PowerBook.

For more information on installing and using Darwinports, see Many haskell utilities (e.g.,
alex, darcs, happy, haddock, hs-plugins, hsshellscript) are available
through Darwinports.

Best Wishes,
Greg Wright

Gregory Wright