Is there a non-blocking version of hGetArray?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Oct 1 16:58:14 EDT 2004

Simon Marlow writes:

 > Not currently, but I could probably implement the
 > equivalent (hGetArrayNonBlocking).

If that were possible, I'd greatly appreciate it.

 > I'm surprised if pointer access to memory is slower than
 > unsafeRead. Could you post some code that we can peer at?

Not right now, sorry. It's just a suspicion I have, but I
haven't broken down the functions enough to be certain (or
to post an isolated test case). But I will look at this
further and let you know about it, once I have more
"evidence". :-)

Thanks for helping, Simon.

Peter