BeOS port

Waldemar Kornewald Waldemar.Kornewald at web.de
Fri Oct 1 12:58:49 EDT 2004

Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

 >> They aren't portable. You'll need to generate your own (using config.h
 >> from the target machine) following the instructions on the building
 >> section of the manual.
 >>
 >> It should be quite possible :)

Maybe, but I always (Linux+BeOS) get errors that some .o file could not
be created.
Something like:
Make: could not create target Control/Arrow.o ... Stop.
I do not have the correct message.
How are the .hs files generated and why are they not generated in BeOS
and Linux?

Now, compiling in the ghc folder starts correctly and I get errors about
  missing itimer (can I safely disable that or should I add an emulator
for it?) and mmap. Will the libraries be compiled after that?

I saw comments about BeOS in the code. Did someone try to port it already?

Thank you.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald