CWString API

Krasimir Angelov ka2_mail at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 07:07:56 EST 2004

--- John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> Note that in general, there will not ever be a
> guarenteed one-to-one
> mapping between chars,wchar_ts and haskell Chars, so
> higher level
> routines must work on strings rather than individual
> chars.

With other words the case for wchar_t isn't worse than
the case for char. I still would like to have the
conversion functions for CWchar in order to keep
symmetry between CChar and CWchar. Of course the
documentation must explain the limitations of these
functions. In any case I can use the
chr/ord/fromIntegral trick but with the specialized
functions the code will look better.

Cheers,
  Krasimir