CWString API

Krasimir Angelov ka2_mail at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 03:41:04 EST 2004

   Hello guys,

I am working on updated version of HDirect and now I
am going to use CWString API to marshal (wchar_t *)
type to String. I found some inconsistencies in the
API.
  - castCWcharToChar and castCharToCWchar functions
are defined only for Posix systems and they aren't
exported. In the same time castCCharToChar and
castCharToCChar have the same meaning and they are
defined and exported on all platforms.
  - CWchar type looks a little bit strange compared to
CChar, CString and CWString types. In my opinion
CWChar looks more consistent.

Since the CWString API isn't released in previous GHC
releases I think now is the time to fix that. Any
opinions?

Cheers,
  Krasimir