User-defined operators and compound expressions using Happy

Frank-Andre Riess riess at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Nov 22 11:48:44 EST 2004

Hi there folks,

once again, I've got a question related to Happy (I've got version 1.13 at
the moment).
Maybe, it's even more a question on formal languages, but well...
How can I write a grammar that can cope with user-defined operators (of
different precedences/associativities) and compound expression like
function calls, if-then-else- and case-statements and the like. I tried to
write it down straight forwardly, but failed terribly (alas, I didn't keep
it, so I can't show you - if someone of you is versed in this issue, I can
try to explain the language's constructs).

Thank you so much,
Frank-Andre Riess