Building the add-ons in libraries/...

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Nov 2 21:02:03 EST 2004

The CVS version of the libraries tree comes with all kinds
of neat and dangerously unstable code I'd like to use,
particularly the "arrows" subdirectory. Now I wonder: Is
there some "build.mk" magic I could perform to tell GHC to
build these libraries as part of my normal build? So that I
get them (and the documentation) installed automatically
when I rebuild GHC?

Peter

P. S.: And while I am at it ... the build currently fails
with this error on my machine:

  ==fptools== make all -wr;
   in /usr/local/src/ghc-current/happy/doc
  rm -f -rf happy/
  /usr/bin/xsltproc --stringparam base.dir happy/ \
              --stringparam use.id.as.filename 1 \
              --stringparam html.stylesheet fptools.css \
              --stringparam toc.section.depth 3 --stringparam section.autolabel 1 \
              --stringparam section.label.includes.component.label 1   \
              /html/chunk.xsl happy.xml
  warning: failed to load external entity "/html/chunk.xsl"
  cannot parse /html/chunk.xsl
  make[2]: *** [happy/index.html] Error 4
  make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/ghc-current/happy'
  make: *** [/usr/local/src/ghc-current/happy/src/happy-inplace] Error 2
  make: *** Deleting file `/usr/local/src/ghc-current/happy/src/happy-inplace'

Looks like there is a definition path missing somewhere.