Overlapping, undecidable, incoherent -- or worse?

MR K P SCHUPKE k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 21 00:06:44 EDT 2004

>I pointed out that the type system _may already_ not terminate

I agree, I have made it not terminate myself with undecidable-instances,
I also think prolog style backtacking would be a good idea... I think I said
that  you either want full backtracking or you want to leave it how it is
(with dependancies ignored) - I have yet to be convinced that any partial
solution would have the elegance of full backtracking, yet would complicate
the implementation and syntax.

Keean.