how to peform a 'make install' in a windows + cygwin + ghc environment?

Mauro La Salete Costa Lima de Araujo mscla at cin.ufpe.br
Thu May 6 11:49:34 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

I would like to know what I have to do if I wanna have a ghc, built by
myself, avaliable to my shell environment, so I can invoke it as normal
('ghc' :P).
I've built the fptools according the instructions at
'http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/building/winbuild.html' and
did a 'make install' under the fptools/ghc directory. But when I invoke
the ghc, I get the following error:

$ ghc
ghc.exe: Can't find package.conf as
C:\haskell\cygwin\usr\local\ghc\driver\package.conf.inplace

what does it means? what I have to do to use my own copy of ghc instead of
the '.msi' one?

  |  Mauro La-Salette C. L. de Araújo             |
  |  Undergraduating Computer Science Student     |
  |  mscla at cin.ufpe.br                         |
  |  http://www.cin.ufpe.br/~mscla                |

  "If this is true, building software will always be hard.
   There is inherently no silver bullet."
   (F.P.Brooks)