-static

Wolfgang Thaller wolfgang.thaller at gmx.net
Wed Mar 10 01:49:20 EST 2004

On 09.03.2004, at 15:53, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 01:04:59AM +0100, Wolfgang Thaller wrote:
>>
>> So I assume this is on powerpc-linux?
>
> Yup, sorry (and the others are all Linux too).

Ah yes, that -static flag was lurking there from the old AIX port. It's
definitely OK to remove it. I've just done so in the CVS HEAD.

According to the source, alpha, hppa and mips also pass the -static
flag to the linker. I've done nothing about that yet, as I have no idea
why they do so.

Cheers,

Wolfgang