-static

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon Mar 8 15:25:06 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:07:07AM -0000, Simon Marlow wrote:

> > It causes this when compiling darcs on these arches:
> >
> > /usr/lib/ghc-6.2/libHSunix.a(User.o)(.text+0x2a2c): In
> > function `s6T9_ret':
> > : warning: Using 'getgrgid_r' in statically linked
> > applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from
> > the glibc version used for linking
> >
> > which I assume would lead to too strict dependencies on glibc being
> > necessary.
>
> What platform?  Does everything work if you remove the -static?

alpha, powerpc and hppa so far. I expect the same will happen for mips
and mipsel.

If, on powerpc, I run the final link command without -static (that's the
only place it should make a difference, right?) then it links without
warnings and looks to be working fine. I haven't looked at the others
yet.

Thanks
Ian