IO question (hGetLine)

Gerd M gerd_m1977 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 13 18:41:47 EDT 2004

I've written a Haskell program that reads continuously from a character
device that provides data line by line and blocks the reader when there's no
data available yet.
At the moment performance isn't a real issue so I thought I would give
hGetLine a try. Unfortunately the program is consuming a lot of cpu power
when the input is blocked which is definitely an issue of hGetLine because
this wasn't the case when I tested it with
# cat /dev/chardev
which waits silently until data is available.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Gerd